If you’re always in search for natural remedies to solve simple health issues rather than buying over the counter medications and saving a trip to the doctors. Listed below are 7 quick and simple natural remedies for common health problems. And who knows, you might even have all the supplies at home already.
One of the easiest remedies found to help with a sore throat is:
- Mix ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 teaspoons of raw honey (optional) and 1 cup of water together.
Drink this concoction 5 or more times a day until symptoms disappear. The vinegar will fight off the bacteria in your throat and sooth irritation. It’s always better to lose the honey because of the sugar content, but it’s optional for the taste.
Try this alternative: Herbal Sore Throat Spray– another option to keep on hand for those winter months.
Ear infections can be really irritating, especially for little ones. Antibiotics don’t often work that doctors give you. This home remedy is less expensive and effective. At the first sign of an ear infection (for child or adult), have the ear affected individual lie on his/her side.
- Use a dropper to put pure 3% Hydrogen Peroxide into the ear.
This will cause a bubbling, tickling sensation. It may sting mildly. Have the person lie there until the bubbling subsides. Do the same in both ears. This system can be repeated every few hours until symptoms are gone.
Congestion can be very frustrating and is often caused by a cold and is hard to cure with medicine. Rather than going straight to your local drug store and buying over-the-counter medications, here is a better solution.
- Start by taking Vitamin C every couple of hours until symptoms start to fade.
Then try this:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and drop in either peppermint leaves, 2 peppermint tea bags or a couple of drops of peppermint oil.
Cover your head with a medium sized towel and place over the pot. Try not to burn yourself with the hot pot. Breathe in the hot steam for 10-15 minutes, using slow and mindful breaths. This will loosen and drain congestion.
Here is more information on Vitamin C.
Nausea, Morning Sickness, or Motion Sickness
Peppermint tea or Ginger tea do wonders for these types of ailments, as do essential oils.
For motion sickness or nausea:
- Mix 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil and rub on the feet, chest, and back of neck.
For pregnancy, here are some tips that may help avoid morning sickness.
In most cases, a fever represents that your body is fighting the illness. A high fever can be very dangerous, especially in kids. To lower a fever without the use of drugs:
- Rub pure peppermint essential oil (for adults) or diluted peppermint essential oil (babies/children) on the bottom of the feet and back of neck.
- A cool ice pack on the back of the neck is another effective method. The heat center of the body is located behind the neck.
- Some herbal teas are also helpful during a fever.
For cuts, small open wounds, scrapes, and other causes of bleeding that don’t stop:
- Take pure cayenne pepper powder (make sure cayenne is the only ingredient) and place directly onto the wound.
This will burn, but only for a minute. After the bleeding has stopped, rinse with cool water and treat as you would any other bleeding wound.
First: try removing stinger with tweezers without squeezing it.
- Rub toothpaste or combine baking soda and water to create a paste then place over the sting.
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil will do the same trick.